The Mindset of an Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketing is not easy; but I know I’m going to make Sh#@ happen no matter what people tell me.
I don’t believe that some of these online gurus out there are doing people any good telling newbies they can make a million bucks in 24 hours (okay, that’s not exactly what they’re saying, but it is close). Can you imagine what it feels like to be a brand new affiliate and NOT making $1 after 24 hours after you’ve been promised you’ll be driving an Audi R8 in no time?
First I have to tell anyone out there that believed that crap when you first bought that product, you’re too naïve. And now I’ll say, I was a dumbass. I admit it. My “buddy” (I won’t say his name) convinced me to buy a product like that. Now he’s not my buddy. Use your imagination why he’s not anymore…
Here’s the deal, I’m not going to B.S you and tell you the same gibberish I was told, I’m going to tell it how it is and be as honest as I can be.
Giving you the real “stuff”
These are just things you need to know before you go into the affiliate marketing field.
- You need to find a person that is willing to help you out (he must be successful online).
- You’re going to have to spend money on some products to shorten your learning curve faster (everything is out there for free, but you want everything collected into one package.)
- Reading a lot and learning a lot of new semi-geeky stuff, but simple if you can follow directions.
- Don’t buy stuff from people that sell “too good to be true” products.
- If you contact someone for help and his or her first response is, “Buy my product,” watch out!
- Ask a lot of question on the forums. No matter how dumb the question may be, people are willing to help.
- Make sure you contact your affiliate managers or affiliate networks. It’s in their interest to help you make money, because they make money if you do.
- Be friendly with successful affiliates, a lot of them are friendly and they were in your shoes not too long ago.
- Work your ass off once you understand how to make a buck online, don’t waste time reading and reading the same stuff, just scale what you learn.
- Know that this sh$# isn’t easy; it involves a lot of sweat equity and some nights of sleep. I don’t care what others pitch you and tell you how they made a gazillion bucks in one week. I’ll believe it when I see it. Unless you’re John Reese and Frank Kern.
If You Need My Help
If you’re a newbie in this field I don’t mind helping you out. I’ve been an affiliate for about a year and half and I love helping out people that are in the shoes I once was. I’m always available if you contact me by email or message me on Twitter. Don’t hesitate if you have a question or doubts about getting started. I want to help you.