Launch – The Tools I use to Help Businesses Launch a Site Instantly
These are the same tools and services I use to launch a website from scratch at a minimum cost.
1. WordPress: It’s the easiest way to manage a site and it brings traffic to your site fast
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It let’s a non-technical person update their website whenever they decide. I like it because you can launch your site fast and it allow you to pick a nice professional theme that a lot of designers can’t even compare.
If you look at a lot of the big brands today, they are using WordPress. For example, Martha Stewart, Wired Magazine, Yahoo, Ebay, Ford, Wall Street Journal and hundreds more.
My recommended hosting makes it really easy to launch a WordPress website in a “1-2-3″ process.
2. Simple Hosting: WordPress QuickInstall
The simplest way to launch a WordPress site is with my recommended hosting.
With all three you can install WordPress with a-click-of-a-button and they all provide great customer support (phone/chat) and the prices are competitive. I use HostGator to power my personal site, but I’m using BlueHost and Dreamhost in others because I wanted to test their service.
As you might have already been aware of, I offer a Free WordPress Blog Setup to get you setup the correct way.
If you’ve ever been to a site and hit the back button faster than the blink of an eye, you probably weren’t happy with their design. A good design says a lot about you and your site. It attracts more search engine traffic and can have a compelling message to your readers, that hopefully brings them back to your site and gets them to interact and buy your stuff.
I feel so bad when clients tell me that they’ve spent $2000 to $5000 on websites that I myself an amateur web developer would have built with my eyes closed.
But the good news is that you can save thousands of dollars and hassle with stubborn web designers with poor design skills by using these themes that cost you 1/10 or less of the price to hire a web developer.
Here’s my list of my favorite sources for pro themes you can use with WordPress.
4. No Photoshop Skills: Get a Logo and Website Header without breaking the bank
You can get a professional logo designed in less than a week for less than $300. Cool thing is you get to chose for a ton of different designs, that designers submitted for your project and you only pay for the one you pick. Find out more.
5. Fast WordPress help when you need it.
It’s hard to find someone that’s willing to get on the phone and help you through it when you’re just getting started and setting up your first website, or even if you’ve already been doing it for a while. I’ve started a service to help you out with anything related to a blogging strategy, social media strategy or search engine optimization.
Install Site Launch Action Plan
- Sign up and get a hosting service.
- Install WordPress using the QuickInstall feature
- Pick a Theme here
- Customize the theme to what you like
- Get a logo and/or website header at 99designs
- Upload your logo to your theme (easily with any of the themes I suggested)
- Hire me to find out how to drive daily traffic to your brand new website and develop a marketing strategy that fits your industry. I’ll walk you through everything step-by-step and hold your hand.